22 January 2010

Camera Repaired

Here's my unsolicited recommendation for digital cameras: my Canon A80, bought in 2004, finally developed problems with the CCD (not to mention a spot on the lens (inside where I can't get at it). Since it's way out of warranty, I checked the Internet to see if someone had an idea how to fix it. Better than that, someone said that Canon had gotten a batch of bad CCDs from Sony back in the early 2000s and would fix any CCD problems at no cost to the owner (including shipping). Whoo Hoo! Too good to be true, right? No lie, they sent me a UPS voucher and I just got my camera back today. They had replaced the CCD, replaced a part of the case that was dented from me dropping it, AND got that spot off the lens - no charge. I'm ready to take some photos now when we get to Nepal (7-27 Feb).

No comments: